Timing phone downloads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing phone downloads?

Hi there weaKnees friends and TiVo champions -- So I bought my mom a tivo which she loves and since there isn't a phone line in the room where the tv/tivo are, we got a romote phone line box and it generally works. however, every so often she gets the messasges that the tivo hasn't connected with the phone to download info in a while and then it stops recording. I think this might be because the phone line the Tivo is connected to is the main phone line in the house and my family consists of blabbermouths who talk on the phone a lot. My question is -- is there a way to set the Tivo so that it automatically tries to download the information it needs at a specific time (i.e. in the middle of the night) when it is unlikely that the phone line will be in use? Thanks!!

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the TiVo when to dial in. However, if you set "phone available" detection to "ON," then the TiVo will not actually dial if someone is on the phone.

Also, if you have a Series 2 TiVo without DIRECTV, then you can network the unit and avoid the phone altogether. If you have a DIRECTV DVR with TiVo, then you could theoretically do without the daily call.

Frankly, though, whatever unit you have, if the unit is dialing in successfully every couple of weeks, then the occasional failed call should not be of a concern.

Comment

Working...
    X