Slingbox Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slingbox Anyone?

I just hooked up a Slingbox to my TiVo (using the new Mac beta - yay!). Works great, but other than the "Wow, look what I can do" factor, I'm not finding a good use for it. Anyone have some great slingbox/tivo sugestions/experiences?

Go on vacation, and then don't use it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Use for Slingbox

I just hooked mine up on a Mac. it is great. I travel a lot and can never get the local teams I like (Dodgers, Lakers). The thought of getting to my hotel room and accessing a Tivo recorded Lakers game is fabulous. Last year I spent a week in Cabo and our hotel only had basic cable. So other than watching soccer I was out of luck. This was during the NBA playoffs. Slingbox would have been great.

Comment

Slingbox is great. I work night shifts in a paramedic dispatch center with an internet connection for my laptop. I have a slingbox pro with 2 tivos and a comcast hdtv dvr hooked up to it. I makes the night shifts go much quicker. Love it.

Comment

I use mine to pull down tivo shows when I'm bored at work..

HAven't been able to get it to work since I upgraded to the HD connectors, though...

Comment

Originally posted by randdv8 View Post
            I just hooked up a Slingbox to my TiVo (using the new Mac beta - yay!). Works great, but other than the "Wow, look what I can do" factor, I'm not finding a good use for it. Anyone have some great slingbox/tivo sugestions/experiences?
            I stay out of town every other week. I got rid of my my second cable tv subscription altogether and use Slingbox exclusively to watch my Tivo from home when I'm away from home. I also watch Slingbox on my Smartphone while I'm at work, driving down the freeway or waiting in line etc. All for free.

Comment

I'm not thrilled that you watch tv while driving.

Comment

Yeah - isn't that already illegal in most places? As far as I know, you can't have video in the front seat. Soon enough, you won't even be able to text.
                Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                X