What's on YOUR TiVo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on YOUR TiVo?

Since I never watch anything that I didn't pre-record, I'm always the last to find out about the coolest new shows. Right now, I'm recording a few medical dramas (Grey's Anatomy, House, and ER), Studio 60, The Daily Show, Saturday Night Live, Lost, and The Office. I'm not a big crime drama person. I'm getting a little bored. Any suggestions?

I like Studio 60 - it's the best I can do since West Wing is gone.

But I also do a lot of movie recording. I use a WishList set for the keyword "2005" or "2006" and restrict it to the category "Movies." Then I "view upcoming" on it every now and then and choose a bunch of movies that I never caught in the theater.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Try 30 Rock. Great new comedy. Everyone loves Heroes. Not my personal favorite. I'm really waiting for 24 in January.

Comment

30 rock is supposed to be like the clone of Studio 60 but half as long, right? Got to set my TiVo to record that tonight to check it out!

Comment

OK - so I just set it. My R10 tells me that it's 41 minutes. I thought this was a half-hour show. Is 41 the new 30?

Comment

Wow... there's a lot of math going on here.

Comment

coolest show period.

star trek: next generation

get that into your positronic memory folks. any challengers...bite my jeffries tube.

warp speed mr. crusher. engage.
              Wiva Las Wegas

Comment

So does your TiVo enter the time-space continuum to record that ancient action?

Comment

This thread is about as exciting as Cardassian square dance in the Delta quadrant.
                  That's all there is to it!

Comment

Anyway, enough of the Trek convention. What else is good to watch these days?

Comment

The Nine -- but you're out of luck if you didn't catch the first few episodes...

The Class -- very funny new comedy.

Smith was pretty good I thought...it was canceled after 3 episodes, but CBS.com will be showing all 7 completed episodes online, plus the writers are going to post a summer of how they envisioned the show wrapping up.

Day Break (or is it Daybreak?) looks very good...will be airing in Lost's timeslot for a few months...again, another show you have to watch week to week to k now what's going on...

Comment

Wow - so I'm SOL on all of them but "The Class" I guess. I'll take a look.

I'm still amazed that networks running these shows where you need to watch from the beginning don't repeat the earlier shows. I'd think they'd want to do that all the time, but I guess they don't have the time slots. HBO does a good job of helping people catch up on shows they've missed. Otherwise, you have to go to DVD to get back in the game, and that doesn't happen until after the season's over, at the very soonest.

Comment

I'm not sure about DayBreak...I saw the promo. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I forgot to record the first episode of the Nine, and so I gave up.

I found out about "Vanished" after the first 3 episodes aired...so I never bothered. Not that that's a decent show....

If I'm not there from the beginning, then forget about it.

Perfect candidate for iTunes, except for that whopping $1.99. One of these days, you'll be pumping these episodes from the 'net onto your TiVo.

Comment

Prison Break.!!!!!

Comment

First off, there's Heroes marathon on SciFi today, so if you need to catch up . . . Not sure if I'll take the plunge.

Next, I've watched a few episodes of 30 Rock. I like it. It's really pretty different from Studio 60 - much more of a half-hour comedy with funny situations and flat characters. Alec Baldwin is actually pretty good. And Tina Fey is almost like Michael from Arrested Development in her timing and her ability to not see the whole picture. I'm hooked.

Comment

Working...
                              X