Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems Upgrading HR10-250 with Dual 500GB Drives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Upgrading HR10-250 with Dual 500GB Drives...

Guys,

I am having a problem using the Interactive TiVo Upgrade Instructions to upgrade a standard 250GB HR10-250 w/ 6.3a to dual 500GB drives. I am using an LBA48 boot disk and this is the command I have been trying.

mfsbackup -f 9999 -so - /dev/hda | mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -xzpi - /dev/hdc /dev/hdd

I am able to boot the drive boot it keeps green screening when I do a clear and delete everything. I tried upping the swap size to 500 and that doesn't seem to work either. Is there something I am missing here? I have done this on another HR10-250 with dual 500GB and I somehow got it to work, but that was 6 months ago. I also tried doing a single backup and then using mfsadd but it reboots once I get to the almost there screen. Do you need -r 4 when using mfsadd? Do you need to have a bigger swap for dual 500 drives?

Thanks,

Y2J

For an update I am getting the following error after using the above command:

mfs_load_zone_map: Primary zone map corrupt, loading backup

Comment

Sounds like your 250 is bad or going bad. Have you tested it? Do you have a backup image?

For a variety of reasons, the swap size you've specified is totally fine.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X