Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TivoHD compatible??

Hi,

I've upgraded a dozen or so Tivos using the Hinsdale instructions, and the great help from this forum, dating back to the days of the Tivo 1 with the 15 gig drives, so first of all, thank you all for the help over the years..

So, today, I am considering buying my first HD TV, but of course having used Tivo, I refuse to consider the cable companys generic DVR, so I went looking at tivo.com, and found "Introducing the new TivoHD!" Now, I haven't been to the Tivo site in a couple months, so I dont know if this is old news, or if it just popped up this afternoon, but I'm curious if the typical "dd" and mfsadd type steps for the upgrade are compatible with this new unit..

I've seen references to SATA, and references to the new boot ISOs being sata compatible, and I've seen instructions for "HD" but I dont know if it only pertains to the "old" series 3 units??

My assumptions are that this new cheaper HD unit is just a slightly stripped down version of the Series 3, and that I'll be fine grabbing a 500 gig drive and dropping it in there, right??

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is answered elsewhere - I couldn't find it..

-Steve

OK - So when I went to bed last night, I hit the Tivo button on my S2, and found a "Introducing the TivoHD" link at the bottom of the main menu.. I went through it's information, and saw "Based on the S3" so I'm going to bet it's compatible.. If I can get Comcast to give me a couple of Cable Cards, I'm going to order one of those things tomorrow, to go with the 1080p TV I just bought today!! :-)

Still would be interested in any definitive answers...
    -Steve

Comment

A dd works for these units, but mfsadd won't (at least our version won't). The software needs to be updated to work with this model, and we've only updated our in-house tools, not our downloadable CDs since they use fairly different software at this point. You might find what you're looking for here.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X