What do we know so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we know so far?

Steve Jobs gave a brief on this, but didn't really get too far into the details. The gist is that you'll be able to stream audio, pictures, and video from your server (your Mac, or maybe your PC) to your living room. In TiVo terms, it's a lot like the Home Media Features. It should work with iTunes 7 and, somehow, the iTunes store.

Here's what we know so far:

-Price will be $299
    -It will support HD!
    -Built-in power supply, so no power brick
    -Connectivity via USB, Ethernet, and 802.11 wi-fi
    -Supports HDMI, optical audio, component video and RCA (phono L-R) audio outputs
    -Works with the Apple Remote
    -Has a Front Row style interface

iTV isn't the final name, but it's the codename as the product gets finalized.
    Been here a long time . . .

One thing we know

The 802.11 protocol supported is 802.11n. The real data throughput is estimated to reach a theoretical 540 Mbit/s (which may require an even higher raw data rate at the physical layer), and should be up to 50 times faster than 802.11b, and well over 10 times faster than 802.11a or 802.11g.

Apple has announce new laptops which have this hardware in them, although there are no drivers yet.

Comment

I have a new MacBook Pro, and I think I have the 802.11n hardware. I guess that would be need for good quality video streaming . . .
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X