Series 1 Tivo unable to connect to Wireless Print Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 Tivo unable to connect to Wireless Print Server

I have a series 1 TiVo (Phillips) which has an ethernet adapter added to it. I am trying to connect the TiVo to my wireless network through a Netgear Wireless Print Server (acting as a wireless bridge). When I connect the TiVo to the Wireless Print Server, I get an amber light on the port and the TiVo is unable to connect to the server to update the phone updates. I have software version 3.0-01-1-000 on the TiVo and the wireless print server has the latest firmware installed. The ethernet adapter has both the power light on but the activity light remains a solid green.

Any ideas on why I am not able to connect to the TiVo server? This problem came out of the blue as I used to be able to connect to the TiVo server without any problems.

We really don't have a lot of experience with networking the Series 1 units, but are you sure the Printer Server is properly configured to act as a wireless bridge? Have you tried using a PC with it to see if it can connect wirelessly? If it's made to share a printer, it may not be a dumb bridge by default.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes, I do know it works properly as a bridge since I can hardwire a laptop into it as well as a playstation and those components work fine. It is just the TiVo that doesnt seem to work. If no suggestions can be made, any idea of other sites that could help?

Thanks.

Comment

What have you done to configure the TiVo? Are the other network devices using DHCP and does the printer server require that?

Comment

The other devices on the print server do use DHCP and work properly. I am not sure if the print server requires it or not. I do not remember seeing that as an option when setting it up.

I am not the one who reconfigured the TiVo, but the only thing done that I know of is replacing the hard drive to 40g and installing the ethernet adapter.

Comment

So are you just using a dialing prefix on the TiVo to tell it to use ethernet, or did you install other hacks?

Comment

Yes, I am using the dialing prefix. Again, nothing changed from the time it was working before. It just stopped being able to contact the server.

I appreciate your help.

Comment

All I can recommend at this point is to try rebooting the TiVo, the router, and the printer server.

Comment

Perhaps the Tivo got a software upgrade that unloaded the network driver init commands from your startup? It's been a while since I networked a series one, but maybe you've got to re-install those drivers, or at least re-activate it in the startup files?

Comment

Working...
                  X