Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebates for Humax DRT's

Hello,

I'm up in the great white north, can I still claim the rebates available on this site?

thanks

As far as we know, even though not specified in the rebates, TiVo will honor rebates to all boxes as long as the rebate check can be sent to a US address. So you'd need to have it sent to a friend or relative in the US, and it'll obviously be in US dollars, but it should work without a problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

thanks for the reply...

Comment

Just to give a small update. I called the Tivo rebate center and they confirmed that you must have a US mailing address.

While I could have worked it all out with a friend I found it to be too much of a hassel, having to send my friend the UPC etc. to submit, him receive it, mail it to me, me change it in to Canadian $..the thought of Tivo cross referencing the mailing address with the address listed on the Tivo then denying the rebate made me rethink it.

It may work for you....but I'm not taking the risk.

Cheers

Comment

The cross-referencing isn't a problem; plenty of Canadian subscribers have said TiVo doesn't have an issue with it, and they shouldn't, since they get the subscription they're after.

Comment

Just me being overly cautious then.

Comment

Never hurts; we agree that rebates are a pain, but this one is pretty compelling.

Comment

I just bought a 350 hour Humax DRT-400 Reconditioned from Weaknees (Waiting for delivery) .... My concern has to do with the advertised $150 rebate. I clicked on the rebate link, and it took me to TiVo's site where the form came up. No mention of "Humax" whatsoever, just TiVo's own series 2 machines. Is this going to be a problem? 150 bucks is a lot of money to me! Any info would be greatly appreciated. .... Thanx,.......... "TheFOG"
                Last edited by TheFOG; 10-08-2007, 01:07 AM. Reason: style

Comment

It's the machine with the serial number starting "595." It's listed in there.

Comment

Humax Rebates

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                    It's the machine with the serial number starting "595." It's listed in there.

Thank you, Michael, ..... What a relief! TheFOG

Comment

Working...
                    X