DVD Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Players

I've tried multiple times to get this to work but I just can't.

Anyone have any advise on how to get the video to play, Fast Forward, Rewind and retain captioning when played on DVD and/or which DVD Players should I be looking at to purchase?

I have 2 DirecTV Hughes SD-40 DVR's - I've upgraded the hard drives to 400gb with no problem and I even got the networking to work.

I now can MRV, copy Tivo files to my hard drive with TYserver. I can cut the commercials with VideoRedo, then use DVD LAB Pro 2 to create the menus, then rip it to DVD with 480x480 video size in Nero, all the while retaining the closed captioning.

When I play these DVD's either it won't fast forward/rewind without crashing, it won't display the captioning, or both. I've tried it on 5 different DVD players. The 2 I had already, and 3 that I've read reviews that said are good for ripped DVD's. I haven't been able to find current reviews for DVD Player compatibility with TIVO related DVD Ripping.

Also, I've tried converting the video to 720x480 with several programs before ripping. Two of them leave an aweful video quality, and one was fine. However, the captioning was stripped in all cases.

Anyone have any advise on how to get the video to play, Fast Forward, Rewind and retain captioning when played on DVD and/or which DVD Players should I be looking at to purchase?

On another note: I currently play the Tivo recording to my computer using a Hauppage 350 Video/tuner Card and accompanying software (with a captioning hack) to re-record the video then use VideoRedo to cut the commercials then DVD Lab Pro 2 then Nero to record it to DVD. This has worked fine for years. The problem is this is a slow process and not as good quality as the new version, if I can get it to work.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

does it play fine on your computer? I had similar issues with DVD's not playing and ended up my laser on my burner fried. Replaced my burner and now my DVD's are burned correctly.

I thought it was something I was doing, or the DVD's itself and finally figured it was the burner after proccess of elmination for a few days.

Comment

Working...
    X