Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new HUMAX lifetime sub with existing 3 year sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new HUMAX lifetime sub with existing 3 year sub?

We have a TiVo Series 3 (HD) with a prepaid subscription.

If we add a HUMAX TiVo/DVD unit how should we handle the lifetime service offer? Will lifetime on this unit make the Series 3 eligible for a multi-unit discount when the prepaid service runs out?

I guess if I got lifetime, I'd never have to worry about price increases on that unit, and would always get a discount on the Series 3.

Yes, if you get lifetime on a Humax, then you can get the discount on the Series3 when the prepaid runs out.

Not only would lifetime enable you to avoid subscription increases, but if you ever sell the Humax, you can sell the lifetime service with it, and likely recoup much of what you paid for the service.

Comment

What would be my savings if I did the following:

I was a long time directvtivo user until I moved into a house that would have really been difficult to wire for directv. Now I am switching back to tivo (thank god) and ordered a series 3 unit from weaknees. It just got shipped today.

What if I order the Humax as a second unit (for my kids tv). What would the savings be if I buy and activate the Humax before the series 3? Should I activate the series 3 and then get the lifetime on the Humax?

Just curious about the costs. I appreciate any help with this.

Comment

The first unit will basically cost $13/month, but if you prepay for three years, you can get it down to $8. The thing is, prepaying for three years on either is the same as getting lifetime on the Humax: $299. So I think there's no reason not to get lifetime on the Humax, then go monthly as a second unit on the S3 for $6.95.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X