HDMI HD TiVo Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI HD TiVo Problem

I'm connecting my HD TiVo to my LCD's DVI connection using the provided HDMI connector cable. Everything worked fine for a while, but now I get a blue screen claiming my unit is overheating. This same thing happened with a previous HD TiVo. Any suggestions?

The blue 'overheating' screen is supposed to appear only when you unit is too hot to operate safely. When the TiVo's internal temperature is too high, the screen appears, indicating that your TiVo should shut down.

When you see that screen after the TiVo has operated for awhile, it typically means you need a new fan.

In your case, however, it sounds like the blue screen appears immediately after you plug in the unit. That, unfortunately, indicates that you have a problem with the motherboard. Sometimes, then problem can be corrected by removing (or replacing) the HDMI card or by using component cables. If that doesn't work, then you may need more serious motherboard repairs.

Jeff

Comment

Genius. Switched to the component cable and all is well. Will I notice any change in video quality? Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Although it doesn't carry audio, like HDMI can, component signal provides a gorgeous picture. In most applications, even trained professionals are hard-pressed to tell the difference. I expect by now you've discovered the same thing.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X