Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is max capacity/storage for a Series 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is max capacity/storage for a Series 2?

Hi,

I've successfully upgraded my Series 2 (TCD24008A) in the past using the Hindale How-To, which has awesome instructions. Unfortunately, the drive is starting to get flaky. Since capacities are so much larger and cheaper now, I'm thinking of upgrading again.

I'm looking to upgrade the same Series 2 (TCD24008A) to a 300GB or 400GB or greater using the Hindale How-To. But I was confused about max capacities that I can effectively use. One spot early on in the How-To only talks about Series 1's having 137GB/drive limitations. But then later it says in several places:

"actual threshold number is likely just over 150GB for Series 1 Standalones and over 180GB for DirecTiVos and Series 2 units"

So does that mean that Series 2's have a 180GB limit (per drive) regardless of how big a drive I install? And since the MfsTools 2.0 is for old IDE machines (95/98/ME) which I thought can only address 137GB, I thought maybe there was a 137GB limit.

So is there a 137GB or 180GB limit on Series2, or can I use the full capacity of a large 300GB or greater drive after following the MfsTools2.0 Hindale How-To?

Series2 units can all now use larger drives - don't worry about the old limitations.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer!

Comment

Working...
      X