Directv HR10-250 goes black...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv HR10-250 goes black...

I moved my HR10-250 from one room to the another. When i connected it I got the welcome message and after that the directv logo came on with the "almost there......just a few minutes more" message. Then the the screen goes black and nothing happens. I tried pressing the directv button but i get no response. I see the lights in the front are on and when i press any butons the light changes color as if it is reading the command. What do you think this could be? Is it a Hard drive or power supply issue?

Have you tried just pressing the "format" button on the front of the unit? Your TV may not be able to read the type of format that the HR10 is providing.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have a HDTV that accepts up to 780i and went through all the formats but still nothing. I only had the component hookups connected so I tried connecting an HDMI cable and i got the satellite setup to show up, but no sound. I went back to the component format on my TV and the screen went black. So for some reason the HDMI is working with no sound and the Component and av connections are not.

Comment

That really sounds like a motherboard problem. I can't see how a bad hard drive or power supply could explain that.

Comment

Thank Micheal,I appreciate the help. I also noticed that I get a grey welcome screen at start up when before it was colored. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to repair the motherboard problem?
          Last edited by keen; 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Usually the first Welcome screen is grey, then the second Almost There screen is colored on these units.

We really don't think we can repair that type of motherboard issue.

Comment

Have you tried taking your hr10-250 back to the tv in the other room where it was working? It would be interesting to see if it still work ok on that tv. What video connection were you using on the tv where it was working?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                Usually the first Welcome screen is grey, then the second Almost There screen is colored on these units.

We really don't think we can repair that type of motherboard issue.
                I just spent two hours tonite doing the same thing. I just got the new upgraded unit, so moved the HR10-250 into a room with a SD TV. Thought it was the output, so added a RF modulator, no dice. S-video, RCA, coax through RF mod, nothing worked.

Also tried the unit back on the HD TV it was on for the last year, and it wouldn't fully reboot their either.

I feel your pain, but I'm glad to see its a receiver issue and not me

I'd like to save the programs I have recorded--can WK fix this with one of their kits?

Comment

Barkley-

So what exactly do you get on the screen?

Have you tried using the "format" button on the unit?

Comment

Barkley-

So what exactly do you get on the screen?

Have you tried using the "format" button on the unit?
                    Yeah, I have the format at 480, tried both I and P, as well as cycling through all hte other options.

The screen goes through the first two "stages" of booting up...and it goes to a blue screen right after the DTV logo and "almost there" is on the screen.

Thanks

Comment

So it sticks on "Almost There" or goes further to black? If it goes to black, you may just need to press the "DirecTV" button on the remote.

Comment

So it sticks on "Almost There" or goes further to black? If it goes to black, you may just need to press the "DirecTV" button on the remote.
                        I wish

Screen goes completely blue, no buttons on remote or receiver change it.

Comment

And, just to confirm, you are using only one output cable from the unit at this point?

Comment

And, just to confirm, you are using only one output cable from the unit at this point?
                            Yes, just one.

Tried RCA, S, and RCA--> RF mod--> coax, and all three methods were the same: Receiver would go through 1st two steps, but then blue screen after the "DTV logo" and "almost there"

Comment

OK - we'd first try a new drive. It's not a slam dunk, but it's the first thing we'd recommend.

Comment

Working...
                              X