HR10-250 New unit No front panel lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 New unit No front panel lights

Any help would be appreciated. I recently purchased a brand new HR10-250, however, I have no way to return or excahnge it. Upon powering up the unit (plug into wall), I get no front panel lights....nothing happens whens buttons, including standyby are pressed. However, fan is running, and diskdrive powers up. I checked voltage on diskdrive connector and get +12 and +5VDC. Hopefully I can get some other troubleshooting hints so I can narrow potential issue down to power supply, front panel, etc.... please help if you can.

Gene

Do you get any output on the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Do you get any output on the screen?
      No sir I do not.

Comment

Then, in spite of the voltages going to the drive connector, our guess would be that you have a bad power supply. The easiest and least expensive thing to try at this point is to get a new power supply. We have power supplies for most TiVo models.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is there any other checks I can make with a DVM to make sure it is the power supply? I can access the outputs of the power supply to the motherboard if needed. I just don't know what voltages should be on each pin. is it possible to get that info from you or are there other test points I can check? Thanks for your help.

Comment

We really don't know the specs on those. Really, the only fully reliable test is to swap the part and see.

Comment

Ordered new power supply, received it, installed it and same problem...no frontt panel LEDs on power up. Unit looks like it isn't powered up but the fan is on and disk drive activity can be heard. Anythink else I can try? Do you think a new front panel would help?

Comment

No - we really doubt a new front panel would help at this point. To be honest, this must be a motherboard problem, which means you'd really need to just replace the unit.

Comment

Working...
                X