transfering or replacing Hds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfering or replacing Hds

my Hughes Gxebotd has gone bad ,Tuners no longer work - won't accept signal from satelight ( see my earlier post ) ,but the unit holds up mto 165 Hr's & I have about 61 hr's of programs on it ,I have another Hughes Sd - DVR40 (35hr's) & a Samsung SIR-S4120R (100 hr's) & a Phillips DSR6000R01 with no Hd in it and I'm wondering if I could just swap the 2 Hd's in the Gxebotd into any of the other boxes ( naturally I would remove the originol Hd's in the Hughes or Samsung)or could I just add the primary one with the programming on it into either the other Hughes or Samsung assuming I can figure out which Hd in the Gxebotd is the primary one with my 61 hr's on it I was going to download the programs to my VCR but the recorder doesn't want to work and it would be way too time consuming to download all 61 hr's onto dvds with my Lite On dvd recorder 6 hr's max record time per Dvd vs 8 hr's per tape for Vcr, and I'm wondering if in doing so if it will affect the programs on the HD's I'm not too concerned if I have to reprogram my settings in the unit if I have to, I just don't want to lose the programs I already have on it, I have enough computer experience that I'm sure I could do the Hd swap or replacement myself but I'm not sure about any programing of the Hd itself that might need to be done since I have no linux experience,sorry to be so long winded but I'm trying to decide what I can do to rectify my situation that is easiest for me and my wallet,thus all the questions,I thank all of you in advance for your advice & insights on this matter & it will be very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, your Hughes GXCEBOTD is a generation older than your other TiVos, so there's no way to use that drive in the newer boxes without reformatting it. But you should still be able to watch the shows from that unit without a problem. The tuner failures shouldn't affect watching pre-recorded shows.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ok then that answers all my questions as I was kinda wondering if the difference in the age/model of the units would be a problem, so 'll just record the programs I want to keep onto DVDs using my stand alone Dvd burner which I have already done with one of the programs on it,as I'm betting that it's probably not worth it pricewise because of the age of the unit to bother having the tuners fixed or replaced,well at least my other dvr is still working ok so I'll still be able to record my programs just not as many,Thanks.

Comment

Right - or just keep it working until you watch everything on it. There should be no problem watching for a while . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X