Extended Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Warranty

Just bought a Series 3 (32/300) with the extended warranty. Since I don't have HD in my neighborhood (coming in a few months), I don't need more storage, yet. If I upgrade at a later date, will I still be covered under the extended warranty?

Only if we do the installation. If you open the unit, you void the extended warranty with us. But assuming you choose a new kit from us and send us the unit for the upgrade, then your warranty continues as before. The new drive would not necessarily be covered by the original extended warranty - that would apply to the remainder of the unit. An extended warranty for the drive is also available at the time of purchase.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

So if I by a drive from you and put it in myself, the Tivo warranty is voided?

If you had put it in, the Tivo warranty would not be voided?

If this is the case I would be interested to hear what the situation would be:
      if I wanted to send it to you for install, but you told me it was soo easy I should do it myself.

My problem seems to be a hardware failure unrelated to the drive, but does this mean Tivo will not warranty a repair.

There is a hardware failure that no longer lets me use my HDMI connection.

Just interested in your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comment

First, the TiVo warranty is 90 days, so in many cases, it'l long over.

If we do the install on a unit, we void the warranty also.

If we sell you a complete, upgraded unit, we void the TiVo warranty, but we substitute our own, longer warranty.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X