i o error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i o error

When trying to run the mfsbackup |restore command sequence I get an error that says backup failed to start make sure you specified right devices and that drive are not locked. then it repeats the command and appends /dev/hdb10 : sucessmfs_load_volume-header: mfsvol_read_data: input /output error mfs backup failed to start. Make sure you specified th eright devices and they are not locked. Restore failed: Sucess

The message is exactly right: Be sure that you have chosen the right drives and be sure that your drives aren't locked. Basically, the program cannot find valid TiVo partitions on your drive(s)...so either they are corrupt, or you are doing something wrong with the installation/setup.

Comment

Here is one possible answer

I too got the infamous:

mfs_load_Volume_header: mfsvol_read_data: Input/Output error
      mfsbackup: Backup failed to start. Make sure you specified the right devices and that the drives are not locked.

In my case, the problem was because I included a 1 at the end of the drive ID as had been done in the original mount command. I was backing up /dev/hdb and I had keyed /dev/hdb1. Changing it to /dev/hdb corrected the problem. True, the instructions didn't show any 1 appended, but it is an easy mistake to make.

Comment

Working...
      X