HR20 searching for satellite issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR20 searching for satellite issue

I upgraded from an hr10-250 to an hr20 recently and have been having an issue with it.
    I only have 1 line coming in to the receiver from the dish and I get a "searching for satellite on input 2" message. I thought it was a receiver problem so I got Directv to send a new one and am still having the same problem.
    With the hr10 you can set it up with only 1 line coming in.
    It appears that there is no way to program this receiver for only 1 line...or is there.
    I am living in a rented home and bringing in a 2nd line is a problem.
    I guess I may just have to re-install my hr10 unless you have another idea.
    (Just in case..I just ordered a hard drive upgrade from weaknees for my hr10)
    Thanks.Alan

As far as we know, the HR20 and HR21 should be checking your lines during setup, and automatically falling back to single line operation if only one input is connected.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That's what I thought but both receivers have the same problem and DirecTV customer service seems to think that you "must" have 2 lines coming in.

Comment

We're pretty sure that's not true . . . but theoretically, they know best.

Comment

Third time is a charm!
          I gave up on my 2nd receiver and Directv sent me a 3rd hr-20 and this one has worked perfectly from the moment I installed it.
          Conclusions....
          you can definitely have only 1 line coming in ..
          if you have this problem you need a new receiver..
          directv customer service generally has no clue

Comment

Sounds about right on all counts. So this one detected that you only had one line connected? I wonder if it's a bug in certain versions of the software maybe.

Comment

Working...
            X