Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone get email about HD TIVO and new lifetime subscription cards too??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anyone get email about HD TIVO and new lifetime subscription cards too??

I thought that they had discontinued the lifetime subscription cards? What's the deal with that? Anyone help me out here!!

TiVo has brought back lifetime service for a limited time. For $399, current TiVo customers can get lifetime on any TiVo box.

See:

TiVo Blog

Comment

Except I bought the stupid Tivo HD when I could've gotten the S3 for the same price...and transferred my subscription from my old (and better) S1 in the process....grrr. Another$200 and I could've had both with lifetimes.

I'm going to call and see what I can do to fix this.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jpierce237 View Post
        Except I bought the stupid Tivo HD when I could've gotten the S3 for the same price...and transferred my subscription from my old (and better) S1 in the process....grrr. Another$200 and I could've had both with lifetimes.

I'm going to call and see what I can do to fix this.

Jim
        Any luck???

Comment

Well, I just got 2 Tivo HD units from Amazon

I called Tivo to transfer my SVR-2000 Lifetime at $199 to one of them

Didn't get that far. She charged my $199 for EACH to setup to lifetime!!!

My account now shows *3* Lifetime subs, the 2 new ones and the old SVR-2000, which, by the way, my wife uses to record Young & Restless every day for 4+ years on its upgraded 400 hour hard disk.

Didn't even have to do the transfer! And both were $199

I think the Tivo rep made a mistake

Comment

That sounds like that IS the transfer. With the transfer, they give you an extra year on the old unit.

I'd wait a couple of days and check your account online again. It may be in the process of updating.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
              That sounds like that IS the transfer. With the transfer, they give you an extra year on the old unit.

I'd wait a couple of days and check your account online again. It may be in the process of updating.
              All 3 now show product lifetime service

I think I lucked out

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
                TiVo has brought back lifetime service for a limited time. For $399, current TiVo customers can get lifetime on any TiVo box.
                Right now I have a DirecTV HR-10. Due to neighboring tree issues, they can't find a location to place the antenna at my condo so that it can see the new satellites with the added HD channels. With that, and my lack of enthusiasm of their new DVR, I am thinking of going back to cable and getting a Series 3.

Does my service on the HR-10 constitute me being a customer so that I could get the lifetime on the S3?

Comment

Generally, no, it doesn't. You'd have to have an account directly with TiVo.com. But you can certainly give them a call and try.
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X