Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diskutil /PermUnlock on a QunLock Maxtor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diskutil /PermUnlock on a QunLock Maxtor.

I have a 40 GB drive that shows 9 MB free on it. QunLock was run on it. Not a TiVo lock of it. I looked on line and found http://www.weaknees.com/maxtor_powermax.php but when I run it on the 40 GB Maxtor hard drive it says "Drive error - not locked - aborting" I guess it only works on a Maxtor drive a TiVo locked. But QunLocked locked this one.

Is there any diskutil cammand that will unlolock this one?

I don't get it. How did it get locked, if not by a TiVo?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It came with a computer and wanted to install windows on it. I read how people could not get windows on it. I wanted to and got some error. I thought O they locked the drive so used QunLock on it. It's a new drive only ran about 3 minuites. It's been setting here for about 3 years now. I was hoping some one would make a fix.

TiVo did not lock it. Only QunLock I wish some one know how to program and just look at the code of QunLock so it could undo what it did.

It must be on the plater some place because I put the board from the another 40 GB in to it but it still seen it as a 9 MB drive. So it's not on the board were it locks it. I even run a long wipe on the drive. But because it thinks it's a 9 MB It comes back fast and don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
      X