Harmony 890 Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony 890 Remote

Anybody have any info on this unit? Not the 880, but the 890 which adds RF transmitter.

Since WK sells the 880 edit this portion out if it is not permitted:

Amazon.com has the 890 for $240 plus $30 rebate if ordered by 12/4. Many vendors are still asking $400 for it, so this seems like a great deal.

James

Wow - pretty amazing price, for a nice remote. Amazon MUST be losing money at the price, or Harmony is giving them some kind of sweet deal.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

RF is great, button layout not so much

I bought the 890 right before Christmas. It was $100 bucks off at BestBuy Canada. I love the RF capability, but the button layout is not very intuitive, especially the number pad and the transport buttons. I prefer to memorize the button layout on a remote so that I don't have to look at the remote each time I want to enter a command. After a while, I'm sure I'll get used to it, as there's no way I could give up the RF capability. I hooked up my bedroom TV to my livingroom DVR(component cables to Plasma in livingroom and coax cable to old bedroom TV) and can now watch my recorded shows in bed. I'm also intrigued by the Z-Wave technology included in the 890. Anybody else have the 890 and purchase some Z-Wave switches to try setting up "Scenes"?

Comment

We're looking to use a Palm-Pilot based remote-control solution

Has anyone looked at using software you can load onto a Palm-Pilot to provide a programmable universal-remote control?

www.pacificneotek.com offers software you can load onto a Palm-Pilot - you can use their default screen layout or you can build your own. The software loads the IR signals by doing a head-to-head load from your original remote....

It doesn't do the RF stuff but you can do that via an IR-RF repeater....

Comment

Anyone encounter useful manual for Harmony (659) Remote

Comment

There's one here.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X