Tivo pauses after new hard drice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo pauses after new hard drice

I've been reading this forum for about a month and decided to replace my hard drive when reading that 99% of the time when your video pauses this is the problem. Replaced the hard drive and it continues to pause for about 10 secs every 10-12 minutes. Any other possible solutions?

Forgot to mention it is an HR10

Comment

Is the new drive from us? Are the problems essentially identical to the problems you experienced before the drive change?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes the hard drive is from you and the problems are the same now as before I replaced it.

Comment

If the drive is new and the problems are the same as before, then that points to a different problem. Is your power source pretty solid? Are you using a UPS?

Comment

I think the power to the rest of the house is good but we remodeled that room a couple years ago and had some wiring done. Are you saying have that checked? And a UPS is that a battery backup deal? The first couple years in that room were fine. Maybe I had some lightning about the time I started having problems!?!

Comment

Maybe - a UPS is really a great idea for a TiVo in any event, so it's worth trying now. They're usually at Staples for $30-$40. More info is here.

Comment

Working...
              X