HR21 Lockup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR21 Lockup

I recently bought three HR-21's thru Weaknees and at one time or the other all three have locked up a few times, usually in standby mode. Any ideas what the problem is? I have to unplug them and restart to get them to work when they lockup

We've been hearing about this issue a lot recently, with both stock and upgraded units, and we think that DirecTV is making changes to their programming to accommodate the new HD channels. We expect these problems to stop fairly soon.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Lock-up

My HR21 locked up 5 times in the last 3 days. I'll sit on this for a short time to see how it plays out and report back. I have to hit the red reset button and it takes about 5 or 10 minutes to get back operational. This is the $599.00 upgraded unit from Weaknees. I presume they will replace it within 90 days of purchase but from the posts here, that may be an exercise in futility.
      Michael
      Kerrville, Texas

Comment

We would recommend that you get your software updated by pressing 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote when you see the first "hello" screen after pulling the plug. The problem seems like a DIRECTV issue, unrelated to the unit itself.

Comment

I did the 02468 software update, we'll see what happens.
          Michael

Comment

We're hearing that the latest software is fixing problems on many units, but some HR21s still seem to be affected (again, both stock and upgraded). We're hopeful that DirecTV will release another rev soon.

Comment

After the 02468 update I had a lockup, but none for the last two weeks. Maybe problem solved.
              Michael

Comment

Great. It looks there was an update a few days after you first posted that should have fixed all of these issues.

Comment

Working...
                X