Pixellization still happening with new hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixellization still happening with new hard drive

I just got my new hard drive for HDVR2. Put it in no problems, started recording a show and it started to pixelize again. Any help?

Does it always happen on the same tuner? Does it ever happen on the TiVo screens?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have never noticed it on the TiVo screens. I mostly notice it when shows are playing back. Today it was doing it while I was watching live tv.I thought it was one of the tuners, but it was happening all the time before. I thought it was the hard drive because it always was happening when I was watching a TiVo'd show

Comment

And if you replay a piece of the recording, do you see exactly the same pixellization, or is it different each time?

Comment

Mine pixelizes too...

I have an HDVR2 that I relplaced the hardrive in last year (from Weaknees and it worked great - thanks). Recently it's started pixelizing occasionally. It happens on some channels more than others, and seems to happen on 1 tuner more than the other. I have an R10 in another room on which the picture was always fine. I swapped them and the picture's still fine on the R10 but still occasionally crummy on the HDVR2. I'm pulling in 85-95 on all transponders.

Comment

Originally posted by turbinestress View Post
            I have an HDVR2 that I relplaced the hardrive in last year (from Weaknees and it worked great - thanks). Recently it's started pixelizing occasionally. It happens on some channels more than others, and seems to happen on 1 tuner more than the other. I have an R10 in another room on which the picture was always fine. I swapped them and the picture's still fine on the R10 but still occasionally crummy on the HDVR2. I'm pulling in 85-95 on all transponders.
            Hard to know right away if that's a drive or tuner issue, but it sounds a bit more like a tuner issue. Try replaying some of the problematic sections, and see if the problems repeat exactly, or if they change each time you replay the data.

Comment

Pixellizes the same

Seems to pixellize the same way when I rewind and play a section over.

If that means it's the tuner, what can be done about it?

Comment

That means you really need a new unit, sorry to say. If you want, we have some bare HDVR2 units. You could just pull your drive from this one and install it in a unit from us, and move your card over, and you should be all set.

You'd need to call DirecTV to have them set the card to work with the new unit, and you'd need to do a "clear and delete everything" on the drive once it's in the new unit.

Comment

Working...
                X