WiFi adapters for Series 2 and HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi adapters for Series 2 and HD

I have an older Series 2 with a Linksys WUSB11 (802.11b), which works fine--its in the room next to my router. However, when I add a new HD unit, I'm going to move the S2 to another room that I think is near the limit of my wireless network.

I'm thinking of shifting the WUSB11 to my new HD unit and use the adapter that comes with the new HD Tivo on the old S2, under the assumption that its newer tech (802.11g, I assume) will help make that connection more robust. So two questions:

1. What are the specs on the wireless adapters TiVo is shipping with the HD units? 802.11g or b? USB 1.0 or 2.0?

2. Will that new adapter be compatible with an older Series 2 TiVo? (I assume there's no problem using the WUSB11 on the TiVo HD)

FYI, my router is a D-link Series N, it works well with all the other b and g units in my home.

Thanks in advance.

The TiVo adapters are G and they are hands-down the best wireless devices you can get for a Tivo. They are backward-compatible.

Comment

Will a linksys usb wireless N adapter work with my HD tivos?

Comment

As far as I know, the only wireless adapters that work with either HD box are the TiVo-brand ones.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X