Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

My Tivo just died on me last night, so I got on the internet and looked for possible causes that were simular to the errors I was getting. Come to find out the cause is probably a bad drive. I spent most of the day today downloading tools and such for copying/backingup images for Tivo boxes. After further testing I am REALLY sure I have a bad drive. I was able to use MFS tools to backup another drive, BUT could not backup the faulty one. I got an error stating Backup Failed to Startup. Make sure you specified the right devices, and that the dirves are not locked. so my question is....since my drive is bad, with my information on it, how do I get a default image to apply to a new drive, and get my original information back on the box?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jim

You'd have to get a prepared drive from us with the right OS, or have us format yours:

http://www.weaknees.com/misc.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is that the only way?? I was thinking about buying another Receiver off of Ebay and copy the image that way, and then end up with another receiver, which I could use, and fix the one that is broke.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

That would do it also. You'll need to do a "clear and delete everything" when you move the image from one machine to another.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X