TiVo series 2 transfer from telphone to Modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo series 2 transfer from telphone to Modem

We disconnected our landline that was hooked up to TiVo (stopped home service). Weakness suggested a USB 2.0 Ethernet Adaptor. Does this mean we have to hard wire our series 2 from this to the TiVo? Help?

I think I answered my own question, I purchased the set of gizmo's that use home electrical lines to rewire my TiVo to my computer in the other room. Right? Do I still need the Ethernet connection or just straight to the router?

Comment

You need the USB to ethernet also, for most Series 2 units. What model do you have?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Help- I tired of being routered without being kissed

I am using a Netgear router. I plugged in the Airlink 101 to the router to the wall, in the TiVo room I plugged in the other Air link and ran it to the TiVo. I would start to get 4 lights then they would immediately quit. Your message said ethernet adaptor. I have a USB 2.0 ethernet adaptor. I plugged that in-line at the TiVo end and got all four lights on that end but only two on the router end. I disconnected the ethernet adaptor and tried running in in line from the router end and got no connection to the TiVo again, also no light appeared on the ethernet module. What now? I'm going crazy!

Comment

So you tried direct from the ethernet adapter to the router, and that didn't work? What model ethernet adapter is it?

Comment

doesn't appear to have a brand name, just USB 2.0 ethernet adaptor, Upstream port-usb , downstream port RJ45. I've tried it right off the computer to the router. off the modem to the router, after the router, just before the TiVo, You name it, i've tried it.

Comment

I finally figured it out! I disconnected the entire Airlink system and went wireless. I will be returning the system to Weaknees and I don't care if they charge me a 15% restocking fee, what little hair I have left on my head will feel a lot better now that I have quit pulling it out.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the problems, but glad you got it working!

Comment

Working...
                X