Samsung TV & Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung TV & Volume Control

I recently bought a 32" Samsung LCD TV. (I'd had my Tivo for quite a while, bought a Series2 right after they were released) When I tried to program the remote for input/volume/power only 1 of the 5/6 possible codes worked, and the one that does work is really spotty for the volume control. The power/input work well, but when turning the volume up or down I cannot hold down the key for multiple increases/decreases. I have to press the button ever 2 seconds to make multiple changes.

Is there anything else I could try/change that might help this?

You might talk to Samsung and see if they have a standard IR set. Does the remote that came with the TV work flawlessly?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The factory remote works fine, it seems to do more of a rapid fire signal, while the Tivo remote seems to only send once while you hold down the volume button. I'm just guessing here, but none of the other Samsung settings work. If there's not much to do in this situation, then I could move this smaller TV to a different room and buy a larger one for my living room later on. Does anyone have an larger LCD TV that they'd recommend or a brand that works really well with the Tivo remotes? I guess that's an odd way to choose a TV, but I love my Tivo!

Alex

Comment

You could also consider a Harmony remote, but the TiVo remote is pretty excellent.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X