Connect two TIVO Series 2 to Mac Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect two TIVO Series 2 to Mac Airport

Can someone give this TIVO/network newbie the correct steps to connect our standard existing Mac Airport with our two Series 2 TIVO's. Do I have to program a computer to be the router or will the TIVO's pick up the signal from the airport? Do I need an adapter and if so, which one?
    Thanks,
    KD.

The TiVo's can use the TiVo Wireless G adapter to talk to the AirPort directly. The adapters are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-parts-bin-2.php#network
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I only have one TiVo so far

My Series 2 TiVo easily got an address from the router's DHCP once I connected the Wireless USB Adapter to the TiVo. I have Apple Airport Express units one providing Wireless access (establishing the network) and a second extending it from the office to the family room.

Set up was easy, even with encryption.

I can also get my photos and music which I shared from the iMac. No FairPly wrapped iTunes, but the MP3 files sound much better on the staereo than the iMac speakers.

Comment

Silly geek thing to do

You can actually "browse" your TiVo with the BonJour networking protocol. When you have your TiVo units connected, you can discover them with BonJour to be sure they are on network. If you accidentall click them you get a simple, cute TiVo themed web page!

Comment

Working...
        X