Create your own folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create your own folders?

Has Tivo ever talked about giving customers the ability to create their own folders on their tivo? Especially with external storage if I am keeping some of my programs (such as concerts from MTVHD) it would be great to be able to organnize the drive so you don't end up paging through many programs looking for something specific.

People have asked for this, but TiVo has never commented that we know of. I think the problem is that doing this in an elegant and easy way with a remote is really pretty tough. It's the kind of task that really needs a mouse.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Then forget the remote (or add support for a wireless keyboard and interface).

Maybe simpler would be to utilize TiVo Desktop PC software to construct the folder(s)/hierarchy and rules, then push the change up to the TiVo. It would be more elaborate to set up "User Folders", similar to either 1) TiVo Suggestions, where the programs are stored in that folder or to 2) HD Recordings, where the programs under HD are links based on a common attribute (in this case HD).

mike

Comment

We're totally with you on this one, but we just haven't even heard a rumor that this is coming.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X