New HR21 500GB Garbled sound when rewinding live TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HR21 500GB Garbled sound when rewinding live TV

Hey. I've had my 500GB HR21 hooked up for about two weeks now and this past week I've noticed some garbling/choppiness to the sound if I rewind live TV and when I've started playing a show while it is still being recorded. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm wondering now if this might be a problem with my signal. I'm noticing that its seems to be a problem with Discovery HD. I can detect a bit of the problem in live TV, as well. I'm guessing that I could have a problem with the signal for whichever satellite & transponder this channel uses. I've been having a few issues with the signals that may have to do with the long cable run (150'). I'll be hooking up a signal amplifier made for 5 LNB dishes with Ka/Ku bands and having the dish professionally pointed next week.

Comment

If you replay a segment, is the garbling the same, or does it change each time?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi, Michael. It's the same each time. Bad audio signal being recorded & replayed?

Comment

Yup. So either a bad input on the unit, or a bad line. Can you try using it closer to the dish?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Can't get it any closer, found that the surrounding tree branches were hanging lower than usual due to the heavy snows we have had. Cut quite a few branches to get a clearer line of sight and the signals went up a good deal. DirecTV tech came out and aligned the dish better, too. This seems to have rectified my problem.

Comment

Working...
            X