Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV R10 Networking?

Hi,

Just now getting around to trying to maximize the use of Tivo (which is funny because we've been Tivo nerds since the late 90s!). We have a DirecTV Series 2 Tivo Unit R10 that I know has a USB port. The Tivo network adapter evidently won't work for us, true? If not, how can I network this with my home 802.11b network so I can get shows to my laptop?

BTW we bought a Weaknees hard drive upgrade to replace a faulty drive on an old unit and it's awesome - thanks Weaknees!!

Thank you.

Unfortunately Dtivos don't have this functionality out of the box. On the R10 you would have to replace a chip on the main board then hack the software. Google "tivo hacking" for more info. All other S2 DTivos don't need the chip replacement and hacking the sw is relatively easy. Google "Tivo zipper".

Comment

Originally posted by SteelersFan View Post
      Unfortunately Dtivos don't have this functionality out of the box. On the R10 you would have to replace a chip on the main board then hack the software. Google "tivo hacking" for more info. All other S2 DTivos don't need the chip replacement and hacking the sw is relatively easy. Google "Tivo zipper".

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X