Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Hr21 Problem

Hi guys,

I just purchased one of your DirecTV Hr21's to replace my old Hr10, Hooked it up yesterday, had it activated and all, but there's one strange thing I've noticed--on Some of my channels, generally my local ones, The picture tends to switch to that of another channel randomly..For example, I'd be watching the news and it would change over to a movie..

Any Ideas? I've checked and re-checked my cables, but so far I'm clueless on this one

Could it be that it's trying to record what's on that other channel?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It shouldn't be, I have not set up any recordings just yet

Just now, I turned it to our local CW station, and while the banner will say I've changed the channel to CW, the video and audio are that of The Biography Channel. I'm not sure what's going on, it just seems to be happening with the locals and some of my HD channels

Comment

Seems odd; have you tried to unplug the unit and/or press the red button next to the access card to reset the unit?

Comment

My HR20 changes channels randomly!!!

I just got a hr20-700 and maybe a ghost with it... I will be watching something and it will on its own open up the guide, surf around, and choose a channel to change to... All of this when I'm looking at my remote pushing nothing. Weird... Saw this post and it sounded familiar, but mine is a hr20 not a hr21 like yours. Must have the same bug... or ghost.
          Anybody have any ideas??? already checked and no season passes etc...
          Thanks,
          Swiftee

Comment

It sounds very much like someone else has an HR2x, and that person lives very close to you and also has a HR2x remote that is set to RF operation. IOW, it sounds like your neighbor is attempting to control his HR2x, but is also inadvertantly controlling yours at the same time.

One solution is to reprogram your HR2x to accept only IR input from the remote, or maybe the code can be changed.

Comment

Working...
            X