trouble with new series 3 HD tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with new series 3 HD tivo

I recently purchased the new HD tivo. I upgraded from an old series 1 tivo we have had since 2001. I have noticed that when you press the tivo button to go to the tivo menu, the menu slides onto the screen - you see the white text, then the red background flickers replacing the text, the tivo noise seems to skip like a scratched CD, then the whole screen goes black for 2 seconds, finally the menu comes up. this happens when ever I go from live TV to the menu. I also get a similar flicker involving a grey screen, a black screen and sometimes tivo menus or live tv signals when going to live tivo or playing a recorded show.

I have had the same problem both before and after the cable cards were installed. I have had the same problem with the hdmi and the component video cables.

Now I am loosing signals on random channels - channels which work fine when I switch to the cable box. I get this error message: "Searching for signal on cable in". I followed the tivo instructions to troubleshoot that, to no avail.

Any ideas?

That all doesn't sound very good, to be honest. Have you tried just rebooting the unit?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X