DirecTV+HD+TiVo = Shenanigans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV+HD+TiVo = Shenanigans?

Situation: I'm looking to upgrade to HD in the near future in the new house we just moved into.

History: I've been a DirecTV customer for a 4+ years now, and I have 2 DirecTV TiVo units that I've used with much success.

Limits: I have to have DirecTV: no one else has the NFL package. I'm stuck.

Current Problem: As I'm on the phone to schedule an install for the new dish, they tell me, "We'll be sending you two new DirecTV DVRs; your old units won't work with a new dish."

I smell shenanigans. Not three months ago, we moved into a rental house and the TiVo worked fine. Are they pulling my leg to try to get me to use thier crapass TiFaux product?

Future Problem:
    When I'm ready to go HD (helllo 720p projector!) what kinds of problems should I expect? Can I even get an HD DirecTivo?

All info, advice, and help appreciated.

HD DirecTV TiVos are gone - we're trying to get more, but they're pretty scarce.

Your current SD DirecTV TiVos should be just fine going forward - and with pretty much any dish, unless you need a 3LNB for locals. Something does seem strange there.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Regarding the Triple LNB- that's what I have now, and it does work with my DirecTiVo...

And yes, you called it right: after some browbeating, I got them to admit that the TiVo would work with the unit. Go figure.

So now the question becomes: how do I get an HD DirecTV unit? When is WeaKnees expecting some new boxes? If I manage to procure one through some shady internet back-alley, will WeaKnees help me out with it?

Comment

We really don't know when/if we'll get new ones. eBay isn't a bad idea, but you never know. You can add yourself to the list here and we'll notify you when we get them. We last had them on our site at $799, and everyone we talk to about getting more leads us to believe that they'll cost more still if we can get them . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X