Maxtor ESATA - REBOOT TWICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxtor ESATA - REBOOT TWICE

Just received a 250 G Maxtor external drive for the Scientific Atlanta 8300. Easy setup, plugged in the drive, connected the ESATA cable and powered on the 8300. A message popped up asking to format the drive, I clicked yes and then.... nothing! TV was normal but I still was 81% full. Turned off the 8300 and turned on again, still 81%.

Finally tried completely unplugging both devices and rebooting again. On restart the format message flashed for a fraction of a second and disappeared before I could push any buttons. Checked storage and now was at 18%. YES!

So anyway, just wanted to put this out there that you should definitely reboot twice in order to get it to work. Only been a day since then but everything seems to be working great so far, definitely love the extra space and not having to immediately delete programming in order to be ready for the next day.

BTW: I have Comcast and not while not thrilled with them, at least this works, because when you call them they have no idea how to add any space and will tell you it can't be done, but it can!

OK - sorry for the hiccup, but glad it's working right now!
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X