HDMI Cable Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI Cable Length

WK offers a 10' HDMI cable, but when I add it to my cart, the length goes down to 6'. Which would I get for the $19 price. If it is the 6', do you have a 10' cable available? Thanks, James

Sorry - those are 10'. We'll fix the cart.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Great, because the price on them is excellent.

Now, is there any difference between the 2 optical cables you offer except for $5 and a couple of feet?
      (nevermind. I decided to go with the longer Monster cable)

Jas.
      Last edited by jasel; 12-12-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

That's pretty much it. A lot of people really like the Monster brand, but since these are digital cables, there really shouldn't be a lot of difference in quality here. They either work, or they don't.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          Sorry - those are 10'. We'll fix the cart.
          You need to get a new tape measure. Those cables are 6'!!!!

Comment

Sorry for the error! You should be receiving the new one very soon.
            That's all there is to it!

Comment

For anyone following this thread, WK has resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction.

The HDMI cables are not the best quality (no gold plating anywhere), but the price is right, and since HDMI is a digital specification, If it works when you plug it in, you won't experience any loss in signal quality like you would with a cheap analog cable.

Comment

Originally posted by jasel View Post
                For anyone following this thread, WK has resolved this issue to my complete satisfaction.

The HDMI cables are not the best quality (no gold plating anywhere), but the price is right, and since HDMI is a digital specification, If it works when you plug it in, you won't experience any loss in signal quality like you would with a cheap analog cable.
                Close, but not "quite"

The digital signal over an HDMI connection is an incredably complex signal, not just 1s and 0s like over an optical connection (TosLink) A GREAT primer of how the signal works can be found here: HDMI Primer

I added the HDMI/Toslink switch about 6 months ago, and it is the best addition to the A/V system since the Tivo

Comment

Working...
                X