Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about upgrading to DirecTV HD

Hopefully not totally off-topic.

I have just started researching upgrading to DirecTV HD and found Weaknees. I currently have 2 Hughes Tivo receivers (1 35 hr, 1 70 hr) that I purchased (probably from BestBuy) and was wondering what path to follow to get to DirecTV HD. I know I need a new dish and believe that I would get free installation from DirecTV. Should I also get the HD DVR receivers from them also or can I purchase from Weaknees (like an upgraded HR21)? I also see in various places on Weaknees that after 03/2006 receivers from DirecTV are considered leased, but it looks like I pay the same price to "buy" the receiver from Weaknees as "lease" from DirecTV ($199.00 for the HR21 for example). Advantages? Disadvantages?

Would appreciate any help from somebody who might have just recently went through the process. I did some searching on Weaknees, if I missed a thread or FAQ with the answers, I will gladly accept a pointer to the location. I know I need to call DirecTV but I was curious on a view from another angle. Thanks

Really, wherever you get the receiver, it will be considered "leased" by DirecTV once you activate it. The exception is the HR21 Pro:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-hd-dvr.php

As far as the free dish and installation, our units qualify for that also, so long as you don't already have HD in your house with DirecTV.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X