RCA DVR39 TiVo Upgrade Kit query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA DVR39 TiVo Upgrade Kit query

I picked up a 250gb drive as well as the TwinBreeze bracket for making it an additional drive to the unit, and installed it along with the 40gb factory drive. The instructions are a little confusing. In bold letters, it states that the jumper settings on the shipped upgrade drive are not to be touched, but that the factory drive is to be set to master.

The thing is - the 250gb drive is also set to master...

Both drives are Maxtor, and both drives have the jumper in the far left - or master - setting.

Don't I have to slave one of the drives? I power up the TiVo and get the "powering up" screen indefinitely.

Does it matter which drive I slave if the 250gb replacement simply *has* to be the master?

Any help/clarity/clue provided would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!
    :: Rogue ::

Our instructions presume that you bought the drive from us; they are simply installation instructions. If you purchased the drive on your own from somewhere else, then you have to program the drive to work and set the jumpers accordingly. See the upgrade instructions site or you can send the drive to us.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Our instructions presume that you bought the drive from us; they are simply installation instructions. If you purchased the drive on your own from somewhere else, then you have to program the drive to work and set the jumpers accordingly. See the upgrade instructions site or you can send the drive to us.
      I bought both the drive and the bracket kit from you. The instructions that were included state that the factory drive needs to be set to master - but the drive that you sent me is also set to master.

Comment

OK - email us with your order number and we can figure out what's going on.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I sent an email in, but havenĀ“t heard back yet on this.

Comment

To [email protected]? We're all caught up on email around here - it would never take 24 hours for a response from us. Can you send me a private message?

Comment

Thanks for the PM. That explains it. We emailed you back full info directly.

Comment

Working...
              X