Humax DRT 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DRT 800

Hey man i got a few questions regarding your DRT800.. I was going to purchase this item when i noticed the price jumped from 319 dollars for the 180 hour DVR to 499 dollars.. The rebate page that is linked to that is for a humax dual tuner tivo dvd with no burner.. So i finally found on tivo's website the rebate for the unit and it still leaves a few questions unanswered.. It says you must purchase the tivo before the 31st of this year and then in a different area it said "Service must be activated by 11/30/06, remain active for a minimum of 30 days" which i don't understand if they are giving me until the 31st of this month why it would need to be activated by the 30th of last month.. So anyways i kept reading and it didn't say anything about the service per say.. Now i already own two Tivo's with a lifetime service.. So i should only be charged 6-7 dollars for the service.. And it didn't say if that was allowed in this rebate..

Hope you can make sense of all these questions..

Sorry - the rebate linked is out of date, but there is currently a $180 rebate. The current terms are here.

You can use the multi-unit per account discount rate and still qualify for the rebate. So you should only be paying $6.95/month, and you'll still get the $180 rebate.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Lemon or lime

My Humax DRT800 isn't showing the other tivo's connected throughout the house nor can the other tivos throughout the house access those recordings on the humax. I may not have asked this and have just purchased a huge freakin lemon at this point.. I don't know if i can return this item to your store..

Can i use the multiroom feature like all the other series 2 tivos with this humax DRT800 or am i stuck with a huge lemon.. I am pretty sure the RS-TX20 can use the multi room feature and i was told this machine does all the same things as the RS-TX20 minus the basic tivo service offered for free with the toshiba..

Thread Referenced:
      http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102
      Last edited by dbustos; 12-26-2006, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Have you gone online and set the Multi-room Viewing status on the account and on each unit to "yes"?

Comment

You are very right.. i will need to activate the tivo before i can use the multiroom function.. I completely forgot.. i wanted to make sure i can use the multiroom function before i activated it..

Ha.. looks like there is the problem.. Thanks a million buddy.

Comment

So i went ahead and purchased this tivo from ya'll and now i am trying to fill out the mail-in rebate.. I didn't get a receipt in the box with the purchase.. So how do i go about getting a reciept??

Comment

Email us and we can send another, or you can just use the initial email confirmation that you received when you placed the order. That's what we consider to be the receipt.

Comment

Working...
              X