Recordings not playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recordings not playing

When I attempt to play any of the recordings on my list, the screen goes black momentarily and then presents me with the option of deleting or keeping the recording. This began last night when a playback froze. My unit is just a few months old.

Is this only with new recordings, or do you also see it on recordings you had previously watched successfully?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I get the same result when attempting to "resume playing." Same with playing old but unwatched recordings. The picture freezes when I try to "skip back" on a live viewing - or when I "pause" a live show.

Comment

That's almost definitely a hard drive problem. A "replace" kit for your model should fix the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php

Comment

recordings not playing

I had same experience and figured the DVR is broken. Finally talked to tech support and they said to: "re-set" and voila -- works perfect so far.
          In fact the recordings I "thought" were being recorded because of "yellow" recording light, was not being recorded at all. Thus; no "pause", "re-wind", fast forward etc would work.
          Turns out it is a software problem.

Comment

So you re-ran Guided Setup?

Comment

Working...
            X