Just wanted confirmation on what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted confirmation on what to do

I have a Scientific Atlanta cable box/DVR from Cablevision with a 160 GB external drive and suddenly a few weeks ago it began, as mentioned in the Troubleshooting Section, freezing repeatedly, hard rebooting and skipping. I read that a "hard drive upgrade" is the proposed solution. Does this mean get I should get a new cable box? My DVR IS my cable box so I just wanted to make sure. If I have Cablevision come check on my box and they deem it a problem with my external drive, they will do nothing and charge me $50. I just want to confirm that the proposed solution is to have them replace my cable box.

You should try disconnecting the external, and then see what happens. If the problems stop, then the issue is with the external. If the problems continue, you should get a new cable box.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      You should try disconnecting the external, and then see what happens. If the problems stop, then the issue is with the external. If the problems continue, you should get a new cable box.
      I tried that for a couple of weeks and the problem does stop... I plugged it back in yesterday and it started within hours. How do I fix the external drive?

Comment

You really need to swap the drive.

Is it from us? I don't know that we ever carried a 160 external, so I'm guessing you purchased it elsewhere.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          You really need to swap the drive.

Is it from us? I don't know that we ever carried a 160 external, so I'm guessing you purchased it elsewhere.
          I'm sorry, I mixed up the capacities of my original DVR with my external drive. My original drive is 160 I think. The external drive is from you and is 250 GB.

A few months ago, I had trouble with the 400 GB model I bought for my other television and you replaced it with an upgraded drive that avoided this problem. Is it possible for me to get this upgrade for my other television to the better-suited 400 GB and I will pay the difference between the 250 model and the 400?
          Last edited by hamstrman; 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Email us with the order numbers and/or names and we can figure it out:

[email protected]
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X