Afer Upgrade Series 2 - no response to hand unit at initial screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afer Upgrade Series 2 - no response to hand unit at initial screen

I completed an upgrade - which I'm pretty sure I had done correctly, as I followed the directions and had swaped hard drives onto PCs before - connected everything and get the very initial screen prompting me to push the "select" to continue and no response from the button when pressed.

The red light is steady and I know the hand held is still good, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Duker

There's a very, very sensitive white ribbon cable that goes from the motherboad to the front panel of the unit. If you boot the unit with that cable even partially dislodged, you can cause temporary or permanent damage to the ability for remotes and buttons to work. Open the unit back up and check the cable - if you see any silver of the contacts, then you've most likely found the problem.D
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response - must have knocked this wire during installation. Setting up now and the unit is responsing to the hand held commands.

Thanks again,
      Duker

Comment

Glad to hear it. Consider yourself lucky. Often, the damage is permanent.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X