Direct TV on 3rd HR21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct TV on 3rd HR21

I've had the DirectTV HD service for about 6 months now and so far I'm on my 3rd receiver. The problems I've seen are:

Frequent pixelation - although that's better since the last service guy re-did all my cable connections.

Entire programs recorded with black screens - you can fast forward through the entire program and it's still black with no sound

Last week several programs at the top of my priority list were just not recorded. Nothing else was recorded either. It was like the recording software just didn't turn on.

I'm about at the end of my rope here. Perhaps it would be better to go back to the old SD service with my old DirectTV DVR which never had any problems.

Is it possible to get this DirectTV service working reliably or not - or are we a few months or a year away from that.

Thanks for any and all help.

While these units had a lot of problems early on, they're really pretty stable these days. Were these refurbished units? Did they all have the same problems? How is your signal strength?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Don't know about the refurb - they looked new, in new boxes. The last guy spent a lot of time checking the signals and replacing all the connecors on the ends of the cable. The signals all seem to be in the 90+ range. And yes, all te units have exhibited the same problems. One guy said the units sometimes just couldn't keep up with the stream - sounds fishy to me.

Comment

3 boxes with the exact same problem means you almost certainly have something else going on.

Comment

That's what I think also. Any suggestions as to what to have the service guys look for?

Comment

Staples in the SAT cables, bad grounding, a bad multiswitch . . .
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X