Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWM Installation Headache Transponder 101

I've spent most of the weekend trying to install a SWM-8

If I connect the SWM direct to my H21 I get all channels.

When I split the signal coming off the satellite to a WB68 and the SWM I run into issues. I'm using 4 MCR HP-102 (5-3000mhz) splitters which split the signal from the dish to the SWM and to the WB68. I have Skywalker voltage blocks off these splitters to the SWM. I can get several HD channels, but I can't get my local channels and no signal at all off Satellite 101. Every other satellite I can get a signal.

The signal strength off boxes running from the WB68 show 80%. The signal strengh off the SWM is showing 65% which seems very low. I'm wondering if I need some sort of amplifier?

I also have a Channel Master 8 way power divider (model 2871IFD) after the SWM in the basement and one other splitter in the attic. There is a DC pass output on the Channel Master in the basement and out of curiosity does anyone know what that is for?

I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated

1) You need to be sure that you have the output of the splitters going to your two switches correctly. The output of each splitter must go to the same input on the two multiswitches.

2) I am not familiar with those specific splitters, but if there is too much signal loss and/or your runs are particularly long, that could be the cause of your problem.

3) What is your 8-way power divider for? You should not really have anything other than a SWM/DIRECTV power supply between the SWM and your receivers.

4) I'm not sure what "splitter in the attic" you have, but again, you should follow the wiring diagrams specifically. Check out the diagrams at swm8.com and at weaknees.com for connecting a SWM + WB68.

Hope that helps--good luck.

Comment

OK, now I have strong signals on Sat's 101, 110, 119 but I'm getting a SAT 103 (a) FAIL. I unplugged the SWM PI and the receiver and still get the same error.

Comment

You probably also need to reboot the 6x8. Are you sure you have the voltages going to each identical port on each switch?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

voltages are going to each identical port on each switch but how do you reboot the 6x8?

Comment

Just pull the plug. At this point, power down all receivers, and the SWM, and the 6x8. Power up the SWM, then the 6x8, then the receivers, one by one.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X