Replacing existing MS with SWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing existing MS with SWM

So - I'm going to 'take the plunge' and replace my existing multiswitch with an SWM.

Right now, I have 4 cables penetrating the wall, about 50' away from a Slimline 5LNB dish.

Can I put the SWM at the end of those 4 cables, or would I be better off moving it outside so as to be closer to the dish?

If I move it outside, does someone have a source for weatherproof RG-6 connectors? I've got a crimper for 'standard' connectors, a bucketfull of the connectors and lots of CoaxSeal; but would rather get the weatherproof connectors if I could.

Thanks in advance!

You can easily put it where the current switch it, unless your receivers are REALLY far from the switch (>200 ft), in which case you might need some additional planning, but it still should work just fine.

Comment

Cool! No point in putting the switch out in the rain.

Another question - I have a DirecTIVO that I'm NOT going to be upgrading that currently feeds (using an RF modulator on Channel 100) the rest of the house on RG6 - can I diplex that onto the same cable I'm going to use to feed the new HD-DVR? I assume all I'd need would be diplexers at both ends to put that signal on the cable and take it back off.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X