Moving & New Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving & New Service

I have a Tivo Series2 and have always loved it. I have built a new home and the area I'm moving into does not have cable and will likely not get cable for at least the first year I'm there. I will be forced to subscribe to either DirectTV or DISH Network. Is there any way that a Series3 unit can be used to control either of these services? I was going to order an HD unit, but I've been reading that they're all gone now.

Can the SD unit display a picture on an HD TV that would appear presentable? What are my options with out being able to use Cable Service? I would be willing to sacrifice pure HD picture for Tivo controled season passes if that's what I should do. I have an HD LCD TV that shows a real tolerable picture out of my series2, would I be able to expect the same thing from a non-HD DirectTivo unit?

Alex

Sorry to say, but the Series3 won't work with either DirecTV or Dish.

Your Series2 with a satellite box wouldn't be as good quality as an SD DirecTV/TiVo combination unit. That's what we'd recommend for your situation. We have new units here. We can also do new DirecTV installations.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Can the R10 be networked with my Series2 or other R10s?

Thanks!
      Last edited by AUlm27; 12-21-2006, 12:03 PM.

Comment

No - the R10 can't be networked.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X