X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast Internet & DTV

Hi
    I want to keep my internet service through Comcast but also want to add a
    Directv HD / DVR and another HD box. We have a single cable coming from the basement into a J bOx in the bedroom closet. I have heard that SWM8 switch can do the "single cable solution". How do I connect the internet cable to the switch. Thanks for the help

Yes, the SWM is meant to handle cable and DIRECTV's specs indicate that broadband will work as well. Ultimately, it depends on the frequency range of the Internet connection, it with a DIRECTV-approved, SWM-compatible diplexer, you can send the broadband through the SWM and split it off before the receiver.

Comment

Thanks jeff, I appreciate if you could explain how: The cable is hooked to Comcast box and it runs from a service closet to our apartment upstairs. A SWM8 is installed in the same closet. Do I put a diplexer in the closet and then another diplexer before the receiver.

Comment

The cable connection connects to the off-air input of the SWM and then you use the diplexer to separate the cable from the satellite at the receiver end.

Comment

2 SWM8 together

Thanks Jeff,
          We have 4 different users in the building, each one has at least one HD/DVR and one of the guys want International also.
          How do you put 2 SWM8 together. Remember we have 4 cables coming in from the KaKu Band Dish and one from 95.

Comment

You use a SWM E2 chassis, which you can find here:

DIRECTV SWM Parts

We have a 2-swm + chassis package, and you have the 4 leads from the dish + the international dish going into the chassis, and then you'll have 4 outputs, 2 per SWM. We have some good wiring diagrams on the website and there are more diagrams here:

SWM Wiring Diagrams

Comment

Working...
            X