New HR20 TRASH! I miss my Tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HR20 TRASH! I miss my Tivo

So D* calls me the other day and says that they need to replace my Tivo becuase it soon will not be compatiable with the new signal. This is all going to be done free of charge.

I had the new HR20 running for four hours and it locked up so I had to unplug and repower the darn thing to get it to work.

I went away for a week long vacation to only find the system had locked up again and when I finally got the thing rebooted I was surprised to find that all of my recorded shows were gone! I do have a eSATA external drive attached but that shouldn't be causing a problem should it?

Your external eSATA drive is almost certainly your problem. There are many issues with various configurations. DBStalk and other sites have huge threads related to what setups work and which ones do not. What drive, what enclosure? Is your receiver the HR20-100?

Comment

Originally posted by gfoulks View Post
      So D* calls me the other day and says that they need to replace my Tivo becuase it soon will not be compatiable with the new signal. This is all going to be done free of charge.

I had the new HR20 running for four hours and it locked up so I had to unplug and repower the darn thing to get it to work.

I went away for a week long vacation to only find the system had locked up again and when I finally got the thing rebooted I was surprised to find that all of my recorded shows were gone! I do have a eSATA external drive attached but that shouldn't be causing a problem should it?
      Some of the lockups might have been because of these new software downloads, although your recorded shows shouldn't have disappeared.....

Comment

Working...
      X