Formatting Weaknees Drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting Weaknees Drives

HR21-700 with weaknees internal upgrade drive installed.

DirecTV tried to have me format my drive yesterday due to an MLB problem they said was a result of corrupt sectors on my drive. They said "the format will push the bad sectors to the rear of the drive and end the problem. The method they used was to have me hold the record button and the down arrow (on the front of the unit) for 10 seconds at the first black screen following the initial this will take a few seconds screen. We tried it several times and while it did seem to reset and erase the stuff on my drive it did not do anything that took more than 3 seconds in total and they said a format would take longer than that. What's more, the MLB problem is still the same.

Is there some other way to format the drive in units that have Weaknees upgrades?? If so how??

What DIRECTV told you is the way to reset a drive, but your problems sure didn't sound drive-related to me. It sounds like a problem with your HR21 or possibly the access card. Hard to know for sure. Do you have any other units in the house? Are they doing the same thing?

Comment

Working...
    X